I have never had the desire for a food blog (though I love LOVE reading them). BUT, this year, one of my goals is to write more down-- from the kids' milestones and not-so-happy moments to the completely mundane, but useful records.
So, I'm going to do my very best to blog about what I cook. That is not because I am a particularly good cook. In fact, I can think of at least a half dozen people just in my family who are better cooks than I. BUT, I do enjoy cooking, though sometimes I feel without inspiration.
So if I write down the meals I made, I know that I can have a reference if I want to re-make. This is entirely necessary in my world. I made a Mexican-inspired dish about five years ago now. Mark loved that meal. He has talked about that dish many times and asked me often to repeat it. I am convinced that even if I had the recipe, I don't think it would come close to his memory of it, because it has become legendary in his head. BUT, I do wish I had a clue what I put in it so I could at least re-try. So, before I have too many more regrets, without further adieu, I am adding a FOODS-I-MADE feature to the blog. My goal: blog about every single dish that I made throughout the year-- even if it's a repeat. Hey, I MIGHT even rate my own recipes!:)
2 comments:
I see the camera is getting a workout too. Great photography, made me hungry!
So this is now a food blog? Man, am I out of the loop of your life these days.
M
Post a Comment