Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Potty-Training

Day 1 of our adventures in potty-training. So far, we're 1 for 7. Judah has gone to the bathroom once in the toilet (on his first try). The rest of the time, he has been successfully going in his "undies." I keep wondering if he's ready. But since I don't know exactly what all of that means, especially because the descriptions of "readiness" are so ambiguous when I read about them, I decided just to start working toward our goal of being potty-trained by the time new baby is here in August. We shall see if that turns out! In the meantime, with each new wet pair of undies and pants that I replace, I keep praying that God will give me wisdom and allow Judah to make this transition. We have had three goals in the last two months- two of them are accomplished. This is the final hurdle before we set NEW short-term goals for ourselves. But, I am absolutely CERTAIN that none of these goals has been accomplished without God's help. So, prayer and the provision of the Spirit are the only things getting us through with my sanity intact. In the meantime, off to ask for the 4ooth time if SOMEONE needs to use the toilet.

No comments: