Sunday, March 14, 2010

To My Two Faithful Readers (You Know Who You Are:)

I am WAY too tired right now to update the blog significantly. I just got finished with my pre-week chores (sweeping, mopping, dusting, ironing, vacuuming and laundry). I try to get a headstart on my week so that I won't feel overwhelmed when I wake up Monday morning. It's almost silly because I'm always trying to get ahead so that I'm not overwhelmed- yet, isn't trying to stay ahead tiring in itself? Oh well...if the logic is screwy, I'm too tired to really consider it.

Anyway, I will TRY, oh so hard, to update my blog this week. We'll see...

In the meantime, got to meet Caleb Allen Christy today. He was pretty cute and I enjoyed holding him. He weighed in at several ounces more than Hadassah when she was born and he was even the same length that she was. But he seemed like a TINY baby...like there was no way my kids were ever that small (on the outside). Oh, that's right- Judah wasn't.

Aside from that, I am hoping that my sweet little angel baby gives me some rest tonight. She pretty much does an excellent job at being nearly perfect in every way (TONGUE IN CHEEK), but I notice she has a bit of a stubborn streak. She will cry/whine/yell for hours if I let her, sometimes. Judah's longest streak was only about two hours when he was her age. But I really think she'll go double that. And all she wants is her way. It's not like there's anything wrong. She just wants me to hold her. I know this because as soon as I enter the hallway to her room (the notorious creaking of the floorboards gives me away everytime), she hushes up and I walk in and she is smiling from ear to ear. So, it leaves me wondering about my baby girl's stubborness...oh boy, gotta gear up to work through that with her- asking God that she might have a pliable heart so that He will show her her ways in time- and that she will learn sooner, than later, so that the lessons come easier.

Okay, gotta go to bed now. It's Lydia's birthday tomorrow. She'll be 14! I can remember when she was a little tyke. Crazy.

3 comments:

Scott and Amanda Johnson said...

Creaks give me away too! But those adorable smiles are so priceless!

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Maybe God is using Haddy to prepare you for little Anthony. I'm sure there will be a period of challenge during his adjustment, resulting in sleep loss. By the way, Judah and I enjoyed our time together yesterday. He really impressed a lady when he bowed his head to pray for lunch.

Anonymous said...

Who is Haddy, and who is Anthony?