I always think that January to April bring the biggest "finishing" challenges. Typically, our commitments are around nine-ish months and start to wrap up in May. Around January, I start to feel a bit sluggish, kind of not wanting to go to this or that, especially as the kiddos are on-and-off sick for a solid several weeks. However, I continue, because I know that finishing the small things reaps perseverance in the big things. Faithfulness to all that I've committed to is imperative to my growth as a believer. So, finishing strong in Bible study, t-ball, Awana, book clubs, my morning treadmill runs, making dinner, maintaining the house, the kids' schooling, is absolutely a necessity. When I don't FEEL (operative word) like I don't have the energy to get my child through one more school lesson, I MUST dig deep and realize that the Lord works through the faithfulness of His people. So may I show myself faithful to the tasks to which I've been called. It also helps to encourage myself by listening to good praise music, to disciplining myself to formalized prayer in the morning before my day (recognizing the potential pitfalls that the day holds), to praying throughout the day and to reminding myself of the Gospel.
So, here's to combating the sluggishness of springtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment